Personal Injury Lawyers Sydney
Personal injuries, no matter how they occur, can cause serious pain and disability and can severely restrict a person from going about their daily life. If you’ve been injured on the road, at work, or through no fault of your own, whether it’s a physical injury or a psychological one, you could be entitled to compensation. Whatever your situation, the personal injury lawyers at PK Simpson in Sydney will do everything possible to make sure you receive the compensation for which you’re entitled. The PK Simpson personal injury lawyer team has the skills and experience to make sure you are successful.
Part of our commitment to your success is paying for all your medical reports so there’s no financial strain on you. At PK Simpson in Sydney we’ll maximise your personal injury claim by getting the best specialist reports to determine the extent of your injuries and disabilities. We look into all claim avenues to make sure you don’t miss out on anything. Experience matters. And the personal injury lawyers at PK Simpson have plenty of experience.
We are a personal injury law firm and we charge on a No Win – No Fee basis – but unlike many competing law firms, we do not simply pick and choose the cases that we are likely to win – our lawyers will represent anyone who has a viable claim, regardless of how large or small the claim, arising from injury or illness suffered as a result of:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- Unable to work due to injury or illness
- Public Place Accidents
- Private Place Accidents
- Whole Injury Damages Claims (Common Law Claims)
- Medical Negligence
At PK Simpson in Sydney our team of lawyers are expert at personal injury cases and have the necessary skills, experience and personnel to manage any compensation matter. We also win over 99 percent of cases. If you or someone you know has suffered injury or illness and feel that you are entitled to a claim, contact PK Simpson in Sydney on 1300 757 467 or book an appointment to come and see one of our personal injury lawyers to have a chat.
For over 38 years, PK Simpson in Sydney have been helping the people of NSW receive the personal Injury compensation they deserve.
Our lawyers have successfully handled over 25,000 claims and helped thousands get their lives back on track. That’s our specialty!
Have You Had a Car Crash?
There are several important steps you should take if you have been involved in a car crash and they include the following:
- Seek medical attention immediately, even if your injuries at first seem only minor. You could be in shock and the pain and damage might show up later
- Make sure you or someone able to do so gets the full details of any other vehicles involved in the crash and the driver’s details including car registration number, name, address, insurance company, phone number. Also get details of any witnesses
- Either call the police if the smash is serious, or tell them later, but don’t wait too long, you have 28 days to report it
- As soon as possible get the advice of a personal injury lawyer for information on your obligations and also on your rights
- Be aware that you must lodge your claim for compensation with the correct insurer within six months of the date the car crash occurred
You Could Be Compensated For:
Pain and Suffering
- Depending on your injuries, it’s possible that you may be entitled to a lump sum compensation payment for any pain and suffering your endured as a result of your injuries. If your injuries go beyond a 10 percent whole person impairment threshold, compensation is available. At PK Simpson Sydney, a personal injury lawyer will arrange a report on your behalf from an experienced medical specialist to ascertain your entitlement to pain and suffering compensation, which can be substantial.
Medical and Treatment Expenses
- Once your claim is accepted by the insurer, payments have to be made for all your necessary and reasonable expenses for medical treatment incurred due to your car crash. The insurer also has to reimburse all reasonable travel expenses you had for going to doctor’s appointments or for other treatment. At PK Simpson in Sydney, a lawyer expert in personal injury can make this easy for you by dealing with the request and approval for reimbursement with the insurer.
Loss of Income
- You can claim loss of income if your injuries affect your ability to work. PK Simpson’s personal injury team of lawyers in Sydney will gather all evidence needed to prove the extent of your income loss and that such loss occurred due to your car crash. You may also be entitled to claim for any future loss of income if your injuries are major and it can be proven that this will affect your ability to earn income in future years. These can extend up to your retirement age of 67 or beyond, and includes any Superannuation entitlements that would be lost.
Domestic Care and Assistance
- Provided any assistance that’s needed is directly related to the injuries you sustained in the car crash and that these injuries were not minor, you may be able to claim domestic assistance compensation if you need help to do your daily chores.
To avoid losing your right to compensation, it is important to seek prompt legal advice sooner than later. In New South Wales, it is compulsory for all registered vehicles to have third party or ‘Green Slip’ insurance. This means that any person injured as a result of a motor vehicle accident will be covered for their personal injury. PK Simpson lawyers also help injured people in accidents where the vehicle at fault is unknown or unregistered.
There are strict time limits and procedural requirements that apply to making a third party claim in New South Wales. At PK Simpson, our team of lawyers expert in personal injury car crash cases can help you navigate the process with ease to ensure that you obtain the best possible result.
Two simple questions to ask yourself
1. Were you involved in a car crash that wasn’t your fault?
2. Did you suffer an injury from the incident?
If you answered yes to both of these then it is likely you will get compensation for your injuries.
If you have been injured in a road crash you should act immediately. Time limits apply to the making of a claim and various procedural requirements must be adhered to.
Contact PK Simpson Sydney and talk to a personal injury lawyer today. You may also make other claims concerning your work life and superannuation funds. As a personal injury law firm we will make sure your benefits are maximised so your life is improved.
We have represented thousands of clients in successful claims, so call us on 1300 757 467.
At PK Simpson our team of personal Injury professional lawyers focus on keeping our clients up-to-date and supported throughout their claims process.
Our expert personal injury lawyers will handle your claims, maximising each one, making sure no stone is left unturned.
Have You Slid on Something and Fallen?
Life can be hazardous and there’s no denying it. People fall over, have car smashes and other mishaps and break limbs, or worse. Most falls are because the person is just clumsy and there are no legal remedies for that. However, there are circumstances where people have falls that are not put down to clumsiness but someone else’s negligence. Most people have heard of someone slipping on a wet supermarket floor where a drink has been spilled or where a lettuce leaf was left on the floor and someone went for a slide and broke a limb, or cut themselves on a broken bottle. In cases where another person or entity is at fault, legal remedies may be available to the person injured so if this is you then don’t delay, call the PK Simpson personal injury team of professional lawyers in Sydney for help today.
Have You Tripped and Fallen in a Public Place?
Public and occupiers liability is an area of law that covers a wide range of mishaps that may have occurred due to another person’s fault. Most often the claims made are because of a slip, trip or fall as these can happen anywhere at anytime and this is why this area of law is also referred to as a “slip and fall” claim.
Common cases we deal in are slip and falls at shopping centers, restaurants, pubs, clubs, cafes, on the footpath, in schools and other public buildings and places and private homes or rental properties, as well as accidents on ferries and party boats. We are able to determine if a duty of care existed so it is best to talk to a lawyer who is a personal injury expert at PK Simpson in Sydney. So, if you’ve slid on something, tripped and fallen and injured yourself, the first thing to do is to seek treatment from a doctor or hospital, then call PK Simpson and our personal injury expert lawyers can add up all your health care bills, lost wages, domestic care expenses, and an amount for pain and suffering and help you with a claim for compensation. You really have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Have You Had An Injury At Work?
If you have been injured a workplace or contracted an illness at work, you may be able to make a claim under the Workers Compensation Scheme, so call a lawyer today.
MIshaps and serious incidents can occur at any time, and there are laws Australia-wide that cover your rights to Workers Compensation. Workers Compensation is also known as “Workers Comp”, “Workers Compo”, or just “Compo”.
Workers compensation provides protection to workers and their employers in the event of a work related injury or disease. Through the workers compensation system, injured workers may have an entitlement to weekly payments, lump sums for permanent impairment, whole injury damages, payment for medical and hospital treatment and workplace rehabilitation.
If you have been injured whilst in the course of your employment then you will be able to claim Workers Compensation which can cover your loss of earnings and medical expenses. But it’s important to get in touch with a team of lawyers to help with your claim.t.
Injuries That Can Occur In The Workplace
It’s the responsibility of all employers to provide a safe working environment for all employees, but there are various workplace hazards that contribute to injuries, including the following:
- Construction site accidents
- Fall injuries
- Hearing loss
- Injuries caused by malfunctioning machines
- Lifting injuries
- Mental harm or injury
- Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
What steps need to be taken to claim Workers Compensation?
To make a claim for Workers Compensation there are a number of steps that should be taken in order to ensure the success of your case.
It is essential that you contact lawyers who are personal injury legal experts at the first opportunity after your injury as there are time limits in place regarding when you need to make a claim. The sooner you contact a personal injury lawyer at PK Simpson in Sydney, the sooner we begin building your case to help you get on with life.
So, as soon as possible after the accident, contact us. We will gather necessary witness details, essential information and photographs, gather evidence on your behalf including medical matters, details of the earnings lost, engage experts, and assess any needs you may have in the future. PK Simpson’s expert personal injury lawyers in Sydney will help you communicate and negotiate as well as look after all aspects of your claim to ensure that you get the best possible result.
If you believe that you may be eligible to make a claim for Workers Compensation, we recommend that you immediately contact a lawyer who is a personal injury professional with proven expertise in Workers Compensation law who can then help you assess your legal position and get you the assistance you need. Contact PK Simpson in Sydney today on 1300 757 467 if you have suffered any sort of injury, physical or mental.
Workers Compensation Entitlements
- Lump sum compensation (whole injury damages)
- Weekly payments
- Medical treatment expenses
- Hospitalisation costs
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Transportation costs and
- Death and funeral expenses
- Economic loss
PK Simpson’s personal injury lawyers in Sydney will ensure that your rights and interests are protected as well as give you all the information and advice you may need to make your claim as successful as it can possibly be. For more information, visit our Workers Compensation FAQ.
No Win, no fee! At PK Simpson we can help you with your compensation and personal injury claims!
Wherever and however your injury occurred, it’s worth talking to our lawyers – You’re in safe hands with a PK Simpson personal injury lawyer – Never settle for second best!
Has Something Gone Wrong Medically?
If a health care provider causes a person to be injured while in their care, a claim can possibly be made. Health care mishaps can cause a huge amount of injury, pain and stress, and the laws governing medical treatment are now more complicated with the evolution of medical technology and science. If you have been injured through a healthcare mishap, you will need the professionalism, understand and expertise of the expert personal injury lawyers at PK Simpson in Sydney to help you get the recompense you’re entitled to by law.
The failure of a health care provider, including a GP, nurse, psychiatrist, psychologist, personal carer, dentist or specialist, to treat you with reasonable skill and care, is cause for a claim if you have been injured as a result. If you need a lawyer, call PK Simpson without delay.
Some common examples include:
- Injuries during birthing, including neonatal deaths and stillbirths
- A misdiagnosis or a delayed diagnosis
- Failure to refer a patient for emergency treatment, investigations or the advice of a specialist
- Cerebral palsy claims
- Errors during surgery
- Medical products that are defective
- Errors in Anaesthesia
- Injuries resulting from medical care overseas
- Medication/prescription errors
The care that you receive from a hospital, doctor, nurse or other health care agency has a large impact on your wellbeing
Australia generally has a very high standard of health care and when you see a health care professional you are entitled to receive the best care possible. Unfortunately this is not always the case and when an injury or health condition is worsened because of poor treatment a compensation claim may arise.
Proving medical negligence
If you believe you have a claim for a health care mistake or mishap, you must prove:
- That the treatments you received showed a less than reasonable level of care, skill and expertise
- That you suffered some injury or damage
- That the lack of reasonable care taken was the cause of your injury or damage
If you think you can prove the above, then the next step is to contact a lawyer. You will need experienced personal injury lawyers who are expert in health care mishaps to start the legal proceedings against your provider. After the incident has occurred, there are strict time limits for claiming compensation, so contact PK Simpson in Sydney today to get the lawyers to begin your claim.
Medical negligence compensation
If your claim is successful you may receive:
- A lump sum compensation payment (for pain and suffering)
- Health care expenses for the treatment of the injury, in both the short and long term
- Loss of wages and superannuation payments
- Any expenses for future care
- Other costs such as home modifications or wheelchairs you may need due to your injury
By law health care providers have to provide patients with a “duty of care” which means there are strict guidelines to provide a ‘reasonable standard of care’.
The level of your payments is not calculated on the level of medical negligence that you experienced, but instead the severity of the injury and what losses have arisen from that injury. To get the best result possible and the care that you need contact a personal injury lawyer at PK Simpson in Sydney for expert legal advice as soon as you can on 1300 757 467.