Workers Compensation

Worker Accident Injury Compensation Claims

    Injured in an accident?

    Speak with our team today...

    Workers’ compensation insurance is compulsory for all employers in all states and territories in Australia. It provides protection for workers if they suffer a work-related injury or disease. Any business employing or hiring full-time, part-time or casual workers is bound by law to have workers’ compensation insurance that covers all of these employees. The insurance covers workers who are under a written or oral agreement or contract, apprentices, trainees, and work experience students. If an employee dies or is permanently impaired as a result of their work, they may be eligible for a lump-sum payment. Workers’ compensation includes payments to workers to cover:

    • Their wages during the period they are not fit for work
    • Their medical expenses and their rehabilitation

    Employers also must have workers’ compensation insurance to cover themselves. If you’ve suffered a workplace injury or illness, call PK Simpson today for advice.

    For over 38 years, PK Simpson has helped injured workers in Australia to make successful TPD / Superannuation, injury and accident claims.

    Workers’ Compensation Lawyer

    Workers’ Compensation NSW

    Australian states and territories have different workers’ compensation schemes and rules for certain types of work and are governed by different departments. In NSW, all workers’ compensation matters come under three different areas:

    • SafeWork NSW – The workplace health and safety regulator offers advice on improving workers’ health and safety. It also provides registration and licenses for what could be dangerous work, investigate workplace accidents and enforces work health and safety laws. Phone 13 10 50.
    • SIRA – (The State Insurance Regulatory Authority) regulates workers’ compensation insurance, Compulsory Third Party (CTP) green slip motor accidents and the Home Building Compensation Fund. Phone: 1300 137 131.
    • icare (Insurance & Care NSW) – Provides insurance and care services under the NSW Workers’ Compensation Scheme. If someone is seriously injured either in the workplace or in a road accident, icare provides support for their long-term care to improve their quality of life and help them to return to work. Phone: 13 44 22

    Workers’ compensation can be very confusing especially if you’re dealing with an injury or illness. That’s where PK Simpson can help you navigate the complexities and help you succeed in your claim.

    Workers’ Compensation Lawyer

    PK Simpson lawyers have helped thousands of people in Australia New South Wales to get the workers’ compensation they are entitled to receive.

    The PK Simpson team has the skills and experience to make sure your claim is successful.

    Workers Compensation Lawyer
    Workers Compensation Lawyer

    What is My Employer Obliged to Do?

    The employer obligations under workers’ compensation law include:

    • Having up-to-date workers’ compensation insurance
    • Have a clearly displayed outline about the laws, showing how you as worker must notify your employer of a workplace injury or illness and how to claim.
    • Notify workers of their return to work program describing the steps they will take if one of their workers is injured or ill, and keep a record of work-related injuries or illnesses.
    • Employers may have to notify their insurer within a certain time-frame of all injuries or illnesses in the workplace, participate in the worker’s injury management plan, and comply with all its obligations.
    • Possibly have a suitable occupation for a worker returning after an injury or illness either part or full-time and as near as possible to the work done by the employee before the accident or illness.

    No matter where you are, if you suffer an injury or illness while carrying out your duties at work, call PK Simpson for detailed advice about the workers’ compensation scheme before you lodge a claim.

    Workers’ Compensation

    What Benefits Are Available if I am Injured at Work?

    Injured workers are usually limited to claiming damages as a result of an accident or illness, damages for loss of earnings and loss of future earning capacity. If an employer is negligent and an employee is injured or becomes ill as a result, the worker may sue for additional compensation. Other than this, they may be entitled to:

    • Loss of Income: You may receive weekly payments depending on your ability to work.
    • Medical, Hospital and Rehabilitation fees: Your employers workers’ compensation insurance may cover any emergency medical treatment and also any ongoing needs.
    • Help to Get You Back to Work: If you can’t do your usual work due to your injury or illness, there may be benefits available to help you find a new job.
    • Property Damage: If you’re injured at work or have a work-related illness, you may be able to claim for damaged clothing,  false teeth, spectacles or artificial limbs, e.g.
    • Death and Family Support: In the case of your death due to an illness or injury in the workplace, your dependents may be able to claim for grief counselling, funeral expenses and financial loss.
    • Possible TPD claim if you unable to return to your usual occupation


    Workers’ Compensation

      Injured in an accident?

      Speak with our team today...