Have You Been Injured at Edgell in Bathurst, NSW?

Want more information? We’ll call you

    Worker Accident Injury Compensation Claims

    If you’re an employee who has been injured at Edgell in Bathurst NSW, or any other workplace in NSW, your employer is obliged to report the accident or incident and make a workers compensation claim on your behalf. However, you need legal advice to make sure you get the level of workers compensation you deserve.

    At PK Simpson, we have a team of expert workers compensation & occupier’s liability lawyers ready to guide you through the process, whether your injury is psychological or physical, so call us today on 1300 757 467.

    About Edgell

    Edgell is a popular Australian brand that provides customers with premium canned vegetables and pulses for over 80 years – with over 200 employees and 100 local farmers in Australia. Edgell is owned by Simpelot which also provides other Australian household brands such as John West, Birds Eye, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers, and more.

    How To Know Whether You’re Eligible for Workplace Injury Compensation Claims

    Workers Compensation NSW

    In NSW, all employers are obliged by law to have compulsory workers compensation insurance in place for all workers they employ. As an employee, you are covered if you are employed as:

    • A full or part-time employee
    • A self-employed tradie or worker
    • A permanent or casual worker
    • Someone deemed to be an employee

    The injuries and illnesses covered by the NSW workers compensation scheme include those sustained on the job, during work activities or as a result of work. There are different kinds of claims you may be eligible to make, depending on the circumstances of your accident or illness.

    If you have suffered a work-related injury or illness, or you have a dispute over a decision by a workers compensation insurance company, or if there has been a commutation of your benefits, call us at PK Simpson so one of our expert workers compensation consultants can explain your rights and what you may be eligible to receive.

    Occupiers’ Liability Compensation Claims NSW

    In cases where a visitor, repairier, tradie, contractor or any member of the public is injured in a workplace where they aren’t employed, there may be occupiers’ liability compensation  provided.  Occupiers’ negligence claims include slips and falls or other accidents in workplaces or work sites such as railway stations, on building sites, factories, or anywhere owned or leased by another person or company. If you have suffered an injury at a workplace in NSW, you may be eligible for compensation – call our expert lawyers at PK Simpson today to find out more.

    Claims or Benefits For Which You May Be Eligible

    It can be difficult to know just what impact an accident at work can have on your health and your life. Relief may come with weekly payments of compensation, a lump sum payout and medical expenses covered through the NSW workers compensation scheme. These claims may be successful no matter who was at fault.

    You may be able to claim compensation or benefits for:

    • Medical and hospital costs
    • Compensation for total and permanent disability or impairment
    • Loss of income
    • Costs of rehabilitation providers
    • Travel costs
    • Damages
    • If the worker has died as a result, benefits are paid to the family
    • Services that help you return to work

    You need a lawyer to wade through the guidelines and your entitlements to compensation payments since several factors are involved. The main focus is on the gap between your life path before the accident and the impact the injuries have had on that, which includes the costs incurred due to your injuries or the death at work of a loved one, for instance.

    What You Should Do If You’ve Been Injured at a Workplace in NSW

    If you have suffered an injury at work, be that physical or psychological,  you should make sure you contact a lawyer and if you are able, carry out the following steps as soon as possible:

    1. Document and report your injury to your employer or management. Include the exact nature of the accident, the time and date and any obvious injuries, though remember you could be in shock and not realise the extent of the damage.
    2. See a doctor immediately or attend a hospital emergency department.
    3. Make sure a doctor supplies you with a Certificate of Capacity or Workers Compensation Medical Certificate.
    4. Fill in a workers compensation claim form (if you are an injured employee).
    5. Give the form to your employer and/or insurer
    6. Contact PK Simpson on 1300 757 467 for an appointment and bring copies of your documentation.

    Be aware that under the Accident Compensation Act, WorkCover pays injured workers’ superannuation contributions once they’ve been on weekly benefits for 52 weeks. It continues to pay the superannuation whilst the worker receives weekly payments up to the standard retirement age.

    How PK Simpson Can Get You the Compensation You Deserve

    The team of expert and experienced workers compensation lawyers at PK Simpson has worked tirelessly to make sure their clients get the benefits. We’ve helped workers in factories, on construction sites, warehouses, and industrial sites; police, firefighters, paramedics and anywhere people work hard to earn a living.

    Our dedicated workers compensation lawyers make sure that all your interests and rights are protected. You will also receive all the information and advice you need to make your claim as successful as possible. Our no win no fee policy means you have nothing to pay upfront, and we also pay for all expert medical reports. Contact us today on 1300 757 467.

    Call PK Simpson for Your Workplace Injury Compensation Claims Today

    Workers compensation NSW protects workers and those who employ them in the unfortunate event that there is an accident in which someone is injured in the workplace or contracts an illness. Injured workers may be entitled to lump sums for permanent impairment, weekly payments, whole injury damages, payment of medical and hospital treatment costs and rehabilitation.

    If you believe you could be eligible for a workers compensation claim, we urge you to immediately call a firm of lawyers with proven expertise in this area. At PK Simpson, we can help you to assess your legal rights and get you all the help and support you need. Call us today on 1300 757 467.

    Contact Us Today If You’re Unable to Work

      Injured in an accident?

      Speak with our team today...