MVA Intersections2022-10-18T03:04:05+10:00

Want more information? We’ll call you

    Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation Claims

    There are hundreds of motor vehicle accident ‘black spots’ on major highways and intersections in New South Wales where people have died or been injured and needed motor vehicle accident compensation. An accident blackspot is an area on a major highway, road or intersection that has been earmarked as highly prone to crashes and where accidents have been concentrated.

    Black spots are recognised as sudden sharp bends, corners, intersections hidden by trees in leafy city suburbs or towns, and concealed or poor regulation warning signs. Sydney has at least 100 or more, and some are the worst in NSW. These sites include the M4 freeway on-ramps at Silverwater Road in Auburn, and Woodville Road in Parramatta, the Five Ways roundabout at Miranda, and the Nine Ways roundabout at Kingsford – plus many others.

    If you’ve suffered a personal injury in a vehicle accident in any of the major road intersections, or anywhere in Sydney or NSW and incurred financial losses and medical bills, call PK Simpson specialist motor vehicle accident (MVA) lawyers today to discuss your eligibility to claim motor vehicle accident compensation in NSW.

    We Can Help You Claim Compensation For Major Highway &
    Intersection Road Accidents in NSW

    Our expert motor vehicle accident compensation lawyers at PK Simpson can help victims who have had major road intersection accidents on highways and roads in NSW. Some of the black spot accident intersections on major include:

    • Hume Highway, Liverpool
    • M4 Motorway, Parramatta
    • Princes Highway, Rockdale
    • Epping Road, North Ryde
    • Pacific Highway, Chatswood
    • Richmond Road, Marsden Park
    • Pennant Hills Road, Pennant Hills
    • Victoria Road, West Ryde
    • M4 Motorway, Silverwater
    • King Georges Road, Beverly Hills

    What To Do If You’ve Been in a Major Road Accident in NSW

    Even a minor motor vehicle accident in NSW can raise legal issues about who was at fault for damage to individuals or property. As a driver you should follow the advice below:

    • The process involves getting the other driver’s details – name and address, phone number, car registration number, their insurance company.
    • If the accident is major, do the above and call the NSW police but never admit you were at fault. If it’s a minor accident, report it to the police and get a report number for a possible NSW insurance claim for a compensation payout.
    • Have a medical checkup even if you believe your injuries are minor – shock can conceal the severity of whiplash for instance, which might not reveal itself for months.
    • Call your insurance company and make a claim.
    • Lodge your claim within three months after the accident, or within 28 days if you wish to claim ‘back pay’ for loss of earnings.
    • Get witness statements, names and phone numbers.
    • Call PK Simpson lawyers in Sydney, NSW.

    How to Know If You’re Eligible For Compensation

    If you have been injured in a car crash in NSW, you may be able to make a motor accident compensation claim for personal injury under the Compulsory Third Party (CTP) scheme. Your eligibility for compensation will depend on your injury’s diagnosis.

    Minor Injuries:

    In NSW, if you are deemed to have a minor injury, that assessment will mean you are likely to recover well after treatment, independently manage your symptoms with some support, and return to your usual work or other activities within a short time. The two types of minor injury are soft tissue and minor psychiatric or psychological injury.

    Major Injuries:

    According to SIRA, major injuries in NSW include spinal cord damage, multiple amputations, brain injuries, blindness and major burns. If you’re unsure about your level of injury, check with your lawyers. Call PK Simpson MVA lawyers today on 1300 757 467.

    Claims You May Be Eligible For

    If you’ve sustained an injury in a motor vehicle accident in NSW, you may be eligible without lodging a form for an immediate compensation payout of up to $5,000 for your loss of earnings and medical expenses. The Australian Medical Association provides a list of medical and service fees and these are the maximum amount the insurer has to pay.

    You may be eligible for payments for past loss of earnings after six months if the $5,000 sum allows, but the first priority in cases of injury compensation is a payout for your medical expenses so you’re back on your feet.

    Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation Claims Process

    The motor vehicle accident claim process is as follows:

    • Report the accident to the Police within 28 days otherwise it may affect your claim.
    • Make sure you get the registration number and other details from the other driver.
    • Find out who the other driver has their CTP insurance with.
    • If you can’t find this information, call CTP Assist on 1300 656 919 and you will be given) name of a vehicle’s CTP insurer provided you
    • can provide the car’s registration number.

    Call PK Simpson specialist MVA lawyers for advice and assistance on 1300 757 467 to help you fill in a personal injury claim form and send it to the CTP insurer of the at-fault vehicle.

    Looking to Dispute Your Insurer’s Decision? We Can Help

    If your insurer or that of the at-fault vehicle has decided to not grant you the benefits you believe you deserve after your motor accident, don’t despair. That may not be the end of your claim, so call PK Simpson lawyers on 1300 757 467 as soon as possible. Your insurer’s decision may be disputed although you only have 28 days in which to do so, therefore time is of the essence.

    How PK Simpson Can Help You Get the Compensation You Deserve

    The expert lawyers at PK Simpson have helped hundreds of people in NSW receive the compensation they deserve after an injury caused by major and minor motor vehicle accidents. If you choose us to handle your compensation case, be assured we pay for all upfront costs for your legal and medical fees.

    We also have a no win, no fee policy, so you pay nothing until we win your case. We don’t cherry-pick cases we know will win, either, so call us today on 1300 757 467 to get your claim started.

    Call & Contact Our Expert Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation
    Lawyers Today

    At PK Simpson we have a team of specialist MVA lawyers who can help you easily navigate the compensation claims process to make sure you receive the best possible outcome. If you were involved in a motor vehicle accident that wasn’t your fault, we can help.

    If you suffered an injury from the accident you will likely be eligible for compensation to cover your medical fees and any other costs and losses you have incurred as a result of the accident. Don’t hesitate to call us today on 1300 757 467 for expert advice and assistance.

    Contact Us Today If You’re Unable to Work

      Injured in an accident?

      Speak with our team today...

      Frequently asked questions

      What if another person drives my car and has an accident?2023-12-15T20:33:39+10:00

      A: No matter who you nominate in your insurance policy as someone with permission to drive your car or how much coverage your car insurance policy offers, you are the one who pays if the driver is at fault in a traffic accident.

      What happens if I have an accident and I’m not insured?2023-12-15T20:33:22+10:00

      A: If you have a traffic accident and you are not insured and deemed at fault by the other driver and their insurer, you will be expected to pay for all damage. This could mean thousands of dollars out of your pocket, so if you believe the traffic accident was not your fault, you better get a PK Simpson lawyer soon.

      What happens if you don’t pay an insurance claim?2023-12-15T20:33:10+10:00

      A: If you don’t pay an insurance claim against you, the insurance company can ask you to pay the debt, and if that fails, they can pass on or sell your debt to a debt collector. Be aware that this debt can affect your credit rating. If you believe you were not at fault and/or were injured, call PK Simpson for advice and help with traffic accident personal injury claims.

      What happens if someone else crashes my car in Australia?2023-12-15T20:32:55+10:00

      A: If you think someone else is liable for the traffic accident, give all the details to your insurer, who will claim any damage through the other person’s insurance. If your car is repairable, most insurance companies organise an assessment and have preferred repairers. Check your policy.

      How do you claim for road traffic accidents?2023-12-15T20:30:51+10:00

      A: Contact your insurer and lodge a claim, giving them your details, the other vehicle and the driver’s details, and tell them what you know about how the accident occurred. In NSW, you can use SIRA’s CTP Connect form or call 1300 656 919 to be connected to CTP Assist or email for further assistance. Those in other states can contact their accident authority. Call PK Simpson lawyers if you’re having trouble with the insurers or were injured and need to claim personal injury compensation.

      What do you do after a car accident in Australia?2023-12-15T20:22:04+10:00

      A: If you’ve had a motor car accident, stop your vehicle and turn on your hazard lights. Make sure nobody is injured, and if so, call emergency 000 and remain at the scene of the accident. If it’s a minor incident, you don’t need to call the police but move the damaged cars if possible.

      Never admit responsibility, even if you think you were at fault. Collect the other parties’ names, addresses, registration numbers, and insurance details and get witness details if possible.

      How long does it take to make a motor vehicle accident compensation claim?2023-12-15T20:23:24+10:00

      A: In NSW, the time it takes to make a motor vehicle accident compensation claim varies depending on the complexity of the claim and the cooperation of the other parties involved. However, most claims take between 1 and 3 years to resolve due to medical treatment.

      Who is at fault in a car park accident?2023-12-15T20:23:59+10:00

      A: In NSW, who is at fault in a car park accident depends on the specific circumstances of the accident. However, there are some general rules that can be applied.

      • Drivers entering or exiting a parking space must give way to vehicles already in the traffic lane. This means that if you are reversing out of a parking space and you hit a car that is driving past, you will likely be found at fault.
      • Drivers must also give way to pedestrians and cyclists when crossing a driveway or exiting a parking space.
      • Drivers must always maintain a safe speed and distance from other vehicles, even in a car park.

      If both drivers are found to be at fault in a car park accident, the liability may be split between them. For example, if two cars are reversing out of parking spaces at the same time and they collide, both drivers may be found to be at fault.

      How long after a car accident can you claim in Australia?2023-12-15T20:24:31+10:00

      A: The time limit for making a motor vehicle accident compensation claim in Australia varies depending on the state or territory in which the accident occurred. In New South Wales, the time limit is three years from the date of the accident.

      How long do you have to make a personal injury claim?2023-12-15T20:29:07+10:00

      A: In general, you have three years from the date of your injury to make a personal injury claim in Australia. However, there are some exceptions to this rule, such as if you were under the age of 18 at the time of the injury, or if the injury was caused by medical negligence. It is important to note that the time limit for making a personal injury claim can be complex, so it is always best to seek legal advice as soon as possible after your injury. A lawyer can help you to understand your legal rights and options and can ensure that your claim is filed within the time limit.

      How much does making a motor vehicle accident compensation claim cost me?2023-12-15T20:30:07+10:00

      A: PK Simpson will fund your claim. Claimants will not have to pay any upfront costs at PK Simpson as we have a no-win/no-fee basis. This means that we only charge fees if you are successful in your claim.

        Injured in an accident?

        Speak with our team today...