PK Simpson Blog

//Time Restraints in Making A Motor Accident Injury Claim

If you’ve been injured in a motor accident, making a claim may be the last thing on your mind. However, it’s wise to consider the prospect as early as possible, as you can only claim within a set period of time.

Some injuries can be debilitating, and leave you with big bills or an unfortunate loss of earnings. By making a claim you could relieve some of the stress caused by your accident, whether it’s to help pay for medical treatments or to help you get back on your feet.

Claiming after a car crash or accident can be a good way of helping you recoup both medical and personal costs, but if you don’t make a claim within a certain amount of time, you may lose the ability to claim.

If you’re involved in a motor accident, you should report it to the authorities within the first 24 hours if possible. If you’ve been injured as a result of the accident, you should fill in a personal injury claim form from your green slip insurer and send it to them within six months from the date of the accident.

When serious injuries have been suffered, it is important to have a qualified motor vehicle accident lawyer on hand, to help assess the situation and ensure the correct procedure is followed.

Find out more about the possibility of making a motor accident claim by speaking to the caring and informative staff at PK Simpson Injury Compensation Lawyers. Call 02 9299 1424.

By | 2019-01-31T06:37:59+00:00 July 8th, 2013|PK Simpson Blog|Comments Off on Time Restraints in Making A Motor Accident Injury Claim

Call Now