PK Simpson Blog

//Rehabilitation you might require after a traffic accident

Being involved in a motor vehicle accident can have a range of physical and mental effects, many of which will require rehabilitation.

car accidents

Motor vehicle accidents remain a common feature on Australian roads, despite campaigns to improve driver awareness and technology being developed to prevent crashes. Figures from Transport for NSW show that on average, there are around 30 hospitalisations due to vehicle collisions each day, with many of these victims facing life-long health problems.

Rehabilitation plays an important role in helping people overcome these injuries, whether physical or mental. This can come at a significant cost to the victim and their family, which is why we strongly urge you to consider pursuing injuries compensation.

If you are successful in receiving a payout, this can be put towards your ongoing rehabilitation, therefore making life that little bit easier for you and your family.

Post-accident mental rehabilitation

There are various psychological problems that could emerge in the aftermath of a traffic accident. Many of these will require rehabilitation and the input of a mental health expert to put the situation into perspective and hopefully assist you on the road to recovery.

Some of the psychological traumas you might experience and need to receive help for include:

Post-traumatic stress disorder
Memory loss
Inability to return to driving
Feelings of guilt, especially following fatal crashes
The Australian Psychological Association advises that the cost of consultations can vary quite considerably, depending on the type of service that is being offered. However, ongoing psychiatric care is likely to mount up, especially in cases of severe distress.

Physical injuries that may require rehabilitation

The Motor Accidents Authority suggests that the expertise of chiropractors, physiotherapists and osteopaths could all be crucial in helping your recovery following a road traffic accident. It is essential to enlist the services of a health expert with knowledge of your particular injury, especially if the rehabilitation process is going to be effective.

Among the physical side-effects of a motor vehicle accident are:

Neck injuries
Spinal cord injuries
Head trauma
Recurring back problems
Many of these concerns can make it difficult for a motor vehicle accident victim to return to work. This should provide another incentive for contacting an accident lawyer, as any money you’re entitled to could help plug the shortfall that arises from being out of work.

Receiving the compensation you’re entitled to

The first step in securing compensation is to get in touch with PK Simpson. We have decades of experience in dealing with traffic accident injuries and could be the key to securing the payout you need to improve your quality of life.

By | 2018-03-14T09:19:02+00:00 January 31st, 2016|PK Simpson Blog|Comments Off on Rehabilitation you might require after a traffic accident

Call Now