Traffic accident injuries

Injured on the road?

In New South Wales, it is compulsory for all registered vehicles to have third party insurance. This means that any person injured as a result of a motor vehicle accident will be covered for their personal injury. We also help injured people in accidents where the vehicle at fault is unknown or unregistered.

There are strict time limits and procedural requirements that apply to making a third party claim in New South Wales. PK Simpson’s motor vehicle accident experts can help you navigate the process with ease to ensure that you obtain the best possible result.

Two simple questions to ask yourself

1. Were you involved in a motor vehicle accident that wasn’t your fault?
2. Did you suffer an injury from the accident?
If you answered yes to both of these then it is likely you will get compensation for your injuries.

What sort of compensation can I expect?

Pain and Suffering

Wages Lost

Medical Expenses

    Injured in an accident?

    Speak with our team today...

    What should you do if you have been injured in an accident?

    If you have been injured in a road accident you should act immediately. Time limits apply to the making of a claim and various procedural requirements must be adhered to.

    Contact P K Simpson and talk to us today. You may also make other claims concerning your work life and superannuation funds. As a personal injury law firm we will make sure your benefits are maximised so your life is improved.

    To get the best result possible make sure you contact the motor vehicle accident experts at PK Simpson Lawyers. Our motor vehicle experts have represented thousands of clients in successful motor vehicle accident claims in NSW. Call our expert CTP claims team today on 02 9299 1424.

    Was the traffic accident due to a sudden failure or illness?

    Traffic accidents can be considered “blameless”; meaning it was the result of a sudden illness or vehicle failure. Do not worry. Contact us and we will set the wheels in motion for you.

    We also specialise in late claims, ie, when an injured person has not contacted a lawyer within 6 months.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    What if another person drives my car and has an accident?

    A: No matter who you nominate in your insurance policy as someone with permission to drive your car or how much coverage your car insurance policy offers, you are the one who pays if the driver is at fault in a traffic accident.

    What happens if I have an accident and I’m not insured?

    A: If you have a traffic accident and you are not insured and deemed at fault by the other driver and their insurer, you will be expected to pay for all damage. This could mean thousands of dollars out of your pocket, so if you believe the traffic accident was not your fault, you better get a PK Simpson lawyer soon.

    What happens if you don’t pay an insurance claim?

    A: If you don’t pay an insurance claim against you, the insurance company can ask you to pay the debt, and if that fails, they can pass on or sell your debt to a debt collector. Be aware that this debt can affect your credit rating. If you believe you were not at fault and/or were injured, call PK Simpson for advice and help with traffic accident personal injury claims.

    What happens if someone else crashes my car in Australia?

    A: If you think someone else is liable for the traffic accident, give all the details to your insurer, who will claim any damage through the other person’s insurance. If your car is repairable, most insurance companies organise an assessment and have preferred repairers. Check your policy.

    How do you claim for road traffic accidents?

    A: Contact your insurer and lodge a claim, giving them your details, the other vehicle and the driver’s details, and tell them what you know about how the accident occurred. In NSW, you can use SIRA’s CTP Connect form or call 1300 656 919 to be connected to CTP Assist or email for further assistance. Those in other states can contact their accident authority. Call PK Simpson lawyers if you’re having trouble with the insurers or were injured and need to claim personal injury compensation.

    What do you do after a car accident in Australia?

    A: If you’ve had a motor car accident, stop your vehicle and turn on your hazard lights. Make sure nobody is injured, and if so, call emergency 000 and remain at the scene of the accident. If it’s a minor incident, you don’t need to call the police but move the damaged cars if possible.

    Never admit responsibility, even if you think you were at fault. Collect the other parties’ names, addresses, registration numbers, and insurance details and get witness details if possible.

    How long does it take to make a motor vehicle accident compensation claim?

    A: In NSW, the time it takes to make a motor vehicle accident compensation claim varies depending on the complexity of the claim and the cooperation of the other parties involved. However, most claims take between 1 and 3 years to resolve due to medical treatment.

    Who is at fault in a car park accident?

    A: In NSW, who is at fault in a car park accident depends on the specific circumstances of the accident. However, there are some general rules that can be applied.

    • Drivers entering or exiting a parking space must give way to vehicles already in the traffic lane. This means that if you are reversing out of a parking space and you hit a car that is driving past, you will likely be found at fault.
    • Drivers must also give way to pedestrians and cyclists when crossing a driveway or exiting a parking space.
    • Drivers must always maintain a safe speed and distance from other vehicles, even in a car park.

    If both drivers are found to be at fault in a car park accident, the liability may be split between them. For example, if two cars are reversing out of parking spaces at the same time and they collide, both drivers may be found to be at fault.

    How long after a car accident can you claim in Australia?

    A: The time limit for making a motor vehicle accident compensation claim in Australia varies depending on the state or territory in which the accident occurred. In New South Wales, the time limit is three years from the date of the accident.

    How long do you have to make a personal injury claim?

    A: In general, you have three years from the date of your injury to make a personal injury claim in Australia. However, there are some exceptions to this rule, such as if you were under the age of 18 at the time of the injury, or if the injury was caused by medical negligence. It is important to note that the time limit for making a personal injury claim can be complex, so it is always best to seek legal advice as soon as possible after your injury. A lawyer can help you to understand your legal rights and options and can ensure that your claim is filed within the time limit.

    How much does making a motor vehicle accident compensation claim cost me?

    A: PK Simpson will fund your claim. Claimants will not have to pay any upfront costs at PK Simpson as we have a no-win/no-fee basis. This means that we only charge fees if you are successful in your claim.