PK Simpson Blog

//Will posting too much on social media affect your personal injury claim? 1/3

If you want to know what’s happening in anyone’s life, you don’t need to call or text them. All you need to do is go to one of their social media profile pages, and you will get all the information you need. Yes, everyone’s life has become a lot more public than it used to be. More than 70 percent of people who have access to the internet frequently use popular social networking sites.

Many people enjoy sharing their daily lives on social media, from their happiness, life experiences, anger, sorrow and more. This can come in different shapes and forms, including writing, videos and photos. It can be encouraging to see friends and family happy when going through a blue phase yourself.

At the other extreme of the spectrum, some people even post pictures of painful accidents, or share specific details of their injuries.

Doing this could have consequences, especially when you are in the middle of a personal injury claim. In such situations, it’s best to avoid publicity during such situations.

How could social media affect your accident claim?
A personal injury claim is a means to obtain financial support from an insurance provider when you have suffered a physical injury or are going through an emotional trauma. Physical injuries could include broken hands and legs, constant pain, head and brain injuries, heart attacks and much more. Individuals make this claim for the following reasons:

  1. To cover their physical injurie’s treatment expenses such as hospital costs.
  2. As compensation for the emotional trauma they are going through during this challenging time.

The claimant should also claim for disability insurance to take advantage of compensation. To claim for a personal injury, the claimant should consult a medical expert to serve as the witness. The witnesses can help provide proof that the claimant’s pain is legitimate.

By | 2018-03-14T08:56:55+00:00 May 9th, 2017|PK Simpson Blog|Comments Off on Will posting too much on social media affect your personal injury claim? 1/3

Call Now